Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Stir Fry

I try to mix a variety of vegetables together, at least two types in one dish. So I eat more variety in a meal. Just like my 'spiced black-eyed beans and mushroom' dish. This one is Cauliflower and sweet potato stir fry which I pair with Carrot and Cabbage stir fry and my tanni sar. Plus pan fried salmon, with no oil because salmon has a lot of oil in it.  That's a very healthy meal right.


I found this new ingredient that I need to add in my Cauliflower and Sweet Potato dish, Panch Phoron. I went searching the hypermarket but I failed to find the Panch Phoron. What is it? Finally I asked Mr.Google and it's just a mixture of 5 types of spice. Oh...I should have asked Mr.Google first!! 


Panch Phoron is a five spice mixture, that are generally cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, black mustard and black cumin. All which I have right in my kitchen but I went searching all over the hypermarket for it. New word to learn this year!! When it's fried in a little ghee, it releases a great aroma....wow...



Happy Cooking and add a variety of veggies in your meals... 

Comments