What's Happening in 2011 (Part I)

It’s been almost 4 months since I posted something on my blog. Poor Bonteka Speaks has been abandoned for several months due to my laziness. Well actually I was practising my Piano for my first grade test.

I’ve been practising my pieces since October 2010 but I still did not play it well. I did my trial exam very badly. I played as if I haven’t seen a piano before. My fingers were trembling. I was too nervous. After I finished my trial exam I was very disappointed with myself.

Just a week before the exams, my boss told me that I had to travel to Terengganu for a site meeting which fell on the same day of my piano practical exam. Frustrated, I wanted to quit my piano lessons because I felt that I have wasted one and a half years taking piano lessons and now I can’t sit for the exam.

But luck was on my side. The meeting was postponed.

During my practical exam I felt very nervous, even after eating a banana!! Eventually I played well my first two pieces and the last piece I forgot the keys for the first 4 bars but managed to continue and finish the piece. Oh I just hate that Vampire Blues. I could have performed better. Why does nervousness spoil everything!!

Exam is over and I’m in Grade 2 now. Yayyyy!!

Comments