Being a Sardine is not easy!


Work starts at 8.00 a.m and finishes at 5.00 p.m. I am the first to arive at work, 7.00 - 7.30 a.m and the first to leave the office, sharp 5.00 p.m. Travelling in a public transport in this country isn't easy.


I live about 50 km away from my work place. So every morning I have to travel by train to work. I wake up at 5.00 a.m, leave home at 5.30 a.m. The train station is about 20 minutes away from my house (includes 11 traffic lights). I had to take the 6.10 a.m train so that I would reach KL Central at 7.05 a.m (train stops at 13 stations) and change to another train that leaves K.L Central at 7.15 a.m. pheeewww....... rushing to reach office in time is one tiring routine.


Then I would wait till it's sharp 5.00 p.m and rush.... more like run 100 meters to the train station to catch the 5.10 p.m train to K.L Central. But most of the time I will miss the train and I had to wait until 5.30 p.m for the next train....


Upon reaching K.L Central at about 5.40 p.m I have to run up and down the stairs to the next platform to catch the Port Klang train.Usually by the time I reach the platform I will miss the train and had to wait till 6.10 p.m to get into the next train.


But the most hectic part is getting into the train because even if you're first to que at the line, if you're not fast enough to push everyone and get into the train, you might miss that train and have to wait for the next train. Plus sometimes there are train delays and thats when the platform is packed and people will be pushing each other to get into the train.


I have been taking the train for the past 1 year and I am trained to be able to stand in a packed train for about 55 minutes , like a sardine.....


Being a sardine is not easy =)

Comments