Facebook Status

What would be your Facebook status? Your current location? You're enjoying a sun bath in Pulau Redang? You're angry at X because she's a real pain in the neck? Your plans for dinner?

My status updates recently are quotes from novels. Since it's not very safe to put your current location as your status or "I'm home alone...yeahh!!". Dad cautioned us to be careful of what we post on the net and even sharing our photos on Facebook.

About a month ago a family friend received an e-mail from Mr.Anonymous demanding a hefty amount of ransom to release their family members kidnapped during a vacation. Apparently one of the family member posted "I'm going for vacation to A from bla bla to bla bla. Hoo-rayy!!" on Facebook before the trip.

I'm not sure whether the e-mail was for real or not. It's best not to let information as such flow to the wrong person. There may be some unknown people on your friends list. Don't let Mr. Anonymous say "I know what you posted on Facebook last night!" and come after you.

If you still want your friends to know that you're enjoying a vacation in some paradise or having dinner at some expensive restaurant, you might want to twist the words. "Dinner: juicy yummylicious Lamb chop." is safer than "I'm having dinner in Victoria Station at 8 tonight. (Hope your stomach burns...hehe)."

As for me, I now prefer quotes as my status. Let's enjoy the beauty of this world through quotes from novels.

'It's lovely to live on a raft. We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made or only just happened.' - by Mark Twain from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Comments